When you think of prescription drugs, it’s easy to think of the negative connotations that are linked to them, including the dangerous drug cases that have been all over the internet and television. Yet, others think of the ways that drugs have helped them manage their disease, keep their pain at bay, and prevent the unthinkable.
Let’s face it, no matter what side you’re on, drugs are not going anywhere. According to Georgetown University, 66 percent of adult Americans use prescription drugs, and in 2019 almost 3.8 billion prescriptions were filled. This is a staggering number of drugs that are dispersed every day!
Most of this usage is not by choice either. Those with chronic conditions like heart disease, arthritis, cancer, diabetes, depression, and more use them to help manage their condition or cope with the unspeakable pain they are experiencing.
Drugs become dangerous when people misuse them, whether on purpose or by mistake. Maybe a doctor or nurse gave you the wrong medication or wrong dose of medication during your hospital stay. What if the pharmacy mislabeled your prescription medication? Did you experience dangerous side effects from the drugs you took? Could there be something hazardous in the drugs you took, and they need to be recalled?
There are obviously many reasons for a dangerous drug case as well as many different people or companies that could be at fault. A personal injury attorney can help you bring a dangerous drug case forward while building your case and representing you the way you deserve.
Some of the benefits of hiring a lawyer to help in your dangerous drug case may include:
1. Clarifying if You Have a Viable Case – Unfortunately, not every case is one that should be pursued. That’s why Gainsburgh, Benjamin, David, Meunier & Warshauer, L.L.C. offer a free consultation where you can meet with a legal representative and discuss your case in detail. You will be able to ask questions and bring up any concerns or thoughts you have about your claim, and in turn, we can give you our best advice on whether we think it’s feasible that you would come out on top in court and receive the compensation you need and desire.
Compensation is something else that can be reviewed during this discussion. While you may have a dollar amount in your head that you hope to get, you may be way off (high or low). Our attorney team will be able to give you a better idea of what kind of compensation you can expect if you were to win your case.
Knowledge is power, and the more information you have to make a life-altering decision like filing a lawsuit against a drug company, physician, or others will be highly beneficial. You know yourself and what you’ve been through better than anyone else. You know what you’re willing to fight for, and in the end, it’s your decision whether to pursue your case. The expert team at Gainsburgh, Benjamin, David, Meunier & Warshauer, L.L.C. will not put you in a situation that we believe will not end with positive results and get you the compensation you desire.
2. Help Determine Who Is Liable – In truth, the line for who’s liable in a dangerous drug case can be lengthy. Depending on your case, there can be medical assistants, nurses, doctors, clinics, hospitals, pharmacists, pharmacies, drug manufacturers, and more that should be held liable. It can be tricky to determine exactly who you will be bringing a lawsuit against. This is where an attorney that is used to dealing with these kinds of cases can help. Your lawyer will pick your case apart down to the smallest detail to determine who is to blame for your injury and suffering. This can be a big help from the very beginning!
3. Build Your Case – While you may think that it’s easy to gather simple information and prepare to go to battle with a team of lawyers representing a healthcare organization or drug company, it’s something you will regret doing alone.
The attorneys at Gainsburgh, Benjamin, David, Meunier & Warshauer, L.L.C. know what kind of information is essential, what cannot be left out, and what will build your case best. Their knowledge is matchless, and their expertise undeniable.
4. Help Obtain Expert Testimony – Having an expert testimony can be a big deal in proving injury and harm. While your personal physician may be willing to help you out in your case, it is probably unlikely.
Your attorney has access to experts and professionals that are willing to provide their testimony on your behalf that you wouldn’t have otherwise. The expert witness involved in your case can be a great asset!
5. Gathering Others That Have Been Injured – You may only know about your personal injury resulting from a dangerous, defective drug, but there may be others, many others. An attorney can gather those injured and bring together a class-action lawsuit that can strengthen your case. Compensation for this type of case can include:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering
- Lost wages
Your Dangerous Drug Case Deserves the Best Legal Team
An attorney who deals with defective drugs, medical malpractice, and personal injury is someone that is experienced in dealing with large drug companies, big healthcare organizations, pharmacies, and physicians. Hiring Gainsburgh, Benjamin, David, Meunier & Warshauer, L.L.C. will ensure you receive the quality legal advice and action you seek. In addition, your legal team will be able to take you in the direction you should go, always with your best interest in mind.
Gainsburgh, Benjamin, David, Meunier & Warshauer, L.L.C. are ready to help you through all steps of your lawsuit. From the beginning consultation meeting, gathering information to build your case, communicating with the opposing team and others involved, finally proving your case in court, and getting you the compensation you deserve for your suffering. Call (504) 522-2304 to find out more about how we can help with your dangerous drug case.